This project began as a part of research to identify ongoing issues with color blindness and web accessibility, for a design system that I've been developing since 2013.
In perspective, Colorimetry is the color system component that is utilized by that application.
The library contains more more advanced features that can help determine color temperature, color contrast, and automate the design process for your next project.
Use this library to:
- Create a fully documented color system ready to be integrated into any application.
- Generate a suite of utility classes, and choose between CSS custom properties (variables) or HEX values as your output.
- Choose between two color modes: RGB / RYB and regenerate a new color system.
- Establish color relationships ("harmonious mix") in color palettes by applying similar lighting conditions.
- Neutralize colors and create a neutral-tone set to go alongside chromatic colors.
- Create an alert palette to apply in user interface components to reflect status (i.e., error, warning, success).
- Toggle on/off color palettes (i.e., analogous, split, triadic, tetradic).
- Toggle on/off color accessibility features and preview color blindness modes (i.e. protanopia, protanomaly).
- Toggle on/off high-pitch colors (eg. Snapchat Yellow) and reverse the order to apply the correct contrast.